We are all familiar with Microsoft’s traditional programs, such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Their programs have been with most of our homes and businesses for years. Initially, we bought a one-time license, and our office programs were downloaded onto our local computer. We can still do this with every major release from Microsoft, however, there is a new online alternative.
What is Microsoft 365?
In early 2020, Microsoft rebranded Office 365 to Microsoft 365 to show their upgrade from office branded packages to new and improved online programs. It “includes the most collaborative, up-to-date features on one seamless, integrated experience.” (microsoft.com)
It has the Office desktop applications we are familiar with, but you can also get online storage and new features from multiple devices! Two of these features are Microsoft Editor (edits your writing), and Microsoft Teams (connect with your family and friends).
As a result of it being online and a subscription service, you will have the latest software features and security updates. This includes updated anti-malware, anti-spam security, and protection against cyberthreats.
For businesses, this is important for your convenience and privacy. But there is more! Microsoft supports your team relationships. For your office and remote employees, Microsoft makes it easier for them to access your business data and collaborate with all team members.
Microsoft 365 is a paid monthly/yearly subscription service that offers multiple plans for your specific needs. They have business, personal, and family plans that spread over multiple platforms.
- Microsoft 365 Family ($99.99 per year, 2-6 users) This plan includes up to 6TB of cloud storage, and premium safety features.
- Microsoft 365 Personal ($69.99 per year, one user) This plan includes 1TB of storage.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic ($5.00 user/month) This plan helps businesses with easy remote work through Microsoft Teams, Cloud Storage, and Office Online. Desktop versions are not included in this plan.
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard ($12.50 user/month) This plan helps businesses with complete remote work. It includes everything in the Business Basic plan, plus business email, and premium Office applications you can use with a variety of devices.
- Microsoft 365 Business Premium ($20.00 user/month) This plan helps businesses with secure remote work. It includes everything in the Business Standard plan, plus cyberthreat protection and device management.
- Microsoft 365 Apps ($8.25 user/month) This plan only includes Microsoft applications. Business email and Microsoft Team are not included.
Is your network and computer secure and up-to-date? Please reach out to Paul@zianetworks.net to find out more.