We all have valuable information that we want to protect, especially when we own a business. We look to keep our customers’ personal information secure. We also don’t want to have our network become victim to breaches and other threats. One widely known means of security is a firewall.
What is a Firewall? This is a network security device that monitors incoming and outgoing network traffic that travels between your local network and outside networks, such as the internet. Whether the firewall allows or blocks the traffic from entering your network is determined by a set of security rules. This is important because it will keep suspicious data from entering your computer.
What type of firewall does my business need?
There are three versions of firewalls that you can get; a software firewall, a hardware firewall, and a cloud firewall.
- The software firewall can be installed into any of your personal devices, easily accessible, and blocks traffic from exiting your device.
- The hardware firewall connects to your computer and protects the network connected to it. It prevents suspicious threats from unauthorized access.
- The cloud firewall is one of the best firewalls for business. It works in online environments and it is attentive to the needs of your business.
You also need to decide the needs of your business. Here are a few things to consider:
- What is the size of your business?
- Do you need Virtual Private Networking (VPN)?
- Do you need a firewall that is easy to manage and operate?
- Do you need Content filtering?
- Do you have Remote Users that will need to access your network?
- And more!
Fortinet is one of the world’s largest firewall service provider. It is well known for its Fortigate firewalls and UTM (unified threat management) options.
Every Fortigate firewall has the same security features; application control, advanced persistent threat protection, web and content filtering, IP reputation, integrated WLAN controller, intrusion prevention system, data loss prevention, and anti-malware (anti-virus and anti-spam).
Fortinet UTM features allow users to see the applications that are crossing their network. The administrator can then decide on whether to allow or deny the traffic coming through. He can also decide if he wants to block applications in the local network, or only for specific computers.
Fortiguard Web filtering can help stop infections from malicious, hacked or inappropriate websites by blocking access to them, and preventing them from downloading malware, and spyware. This is a vital, line of defense against web-based attacks. All services stay current through targeted threat analysis and consistent updates.
Please visit our Contact Us page to have a free consultation with a network specialist. https://www.zianetworks.net/contact-us/